The perfect blending of veggies, herbs and spices of Ginger-Garlic Chicken Stir-Fry with Quinoa brought tons of sensational flavor with this meal. Stir in chili paste to have a spicy variation.
- 3/4 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-in wide strips
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 2 cups uncooked broccoli, small florets
- 1 medium red pepper, quartered lengthwise, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large uncooked carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup drained, chopped canned artichokes
- 4 medium uncooked scallions, whites cut into 1-in pieces, greens sliced, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger root (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- Combine chicken and 2 tablespoons coconut aminos in a medium bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken and stir-fry until lightly browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes; remove to a plate.
- Add remaining teaspoon oil, broccoli, pepper, carrot, artichokes and white part of scallions to same skillet; drizzle with 1/4 cup broth and reduce heat to medium-high. Stir-fry until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add scallion greens, ginger, and garlic to skillet; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and any accumulated juices back to skillet; add remaining 1/4 cup broth, remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos and water.
- Cook, until heated through, stirring, about 1 minute. Stir in chili paste, if using. Serve with quinoa.