Get this amazing sweet-flavored and easy to cook Garlic and Cilantro Grilled Halibut that is full of healthy nutrients. This low-carb and gluten-free dish is perfect for your Phase 3 recipe. If you are looking for a weeknight meal which is simple, easy and quick to prepare, then this dish is right for you.
- halibut filets or steaks (1 per person)
- 4 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 1 cup of chicken stock (or use a combination of chicken stock and white wine)
- 2 teaspoon of lime zest (from 2 limes)
- juice of 2 limes (2-3 T or more)
- 4 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 tablespoon of very finely chopped fresh cilantro (or more)
- Saute garlic for two minutes in a small amount of olive oil.
- Pour in lime zest and chicken stock and then simmer the mixture for about ten minutes until stock is slightly reduced. Add lime juice and olive oil while stirring to mix and heat the mixture for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gradually add Cilantro while stirring and cook for another minute.
- Brush both sides of fish with sauce and let it seep in for about 15 minutes while you preheat charcoal grill or gas to high heat.
- Grill the fish until it becomes firm yet not hard to touch for about 5 minutes each side.
- Put the fish on a diagonal grill slats to achieve nice grill marks. Rotate the fish after 3 minutes of cooking on one side. Serve with additional sauce spooned over each piece of fish.
- Other grilled fish perfect to pair with this include Sea Bass, Mahi Mahi, and Swordfish. You could also serve it with Tilapia, Red Snapper, or Sole.