Do you plan on sticking to your New Year’s fitness and health resolution from last year or are you in the process of making new fitness and health goals for 2017? Before you decide, check out the workout fitness trends for 2017 we have collated that will surely be of help in your decision-making process.
- Mixed Format Class. This type of workout mixes cardio and strength training and is guaranteed to help you burn more calories. Hybrid format classes like Speedplay, Orange Theory, Yas and Barry’s Bootcamp are mixed multiple workouts done in one class. You can also opt to join classes that sticks to only one particular workout style for 45-60 minutes. Choices vary from doing yoga and spin in a single class, bootcamp-like training that combines floor work and multiple machines, or a mixed format HIIT session.
- Apps. Don’t have time to join an exercise class or group? Fret not, there are workout apps that you can download and work with at home. You can access it anytime and anywhere on your computer, cellphone or tablet at your convenience. Apps like Apptiv and Sworkit features on-demand training and coaching with various options of workout styles to choose from. Another app, ClassPass, connects users to the nearest fitness classes being offered.
- Boxing. This classic sport turned into an ultra-empowering and anxiety-reducing workout helps you kick ass and at the same time keep you in your best form. Many fitness enthusiast are enrolling in boutique boxing studios, beginner classes, and traditional boxing gyms. If you’re worried about getting in the ring, there are also studios that focus more on no-contact style.
- Megaformer. This is an intense workout that will make your muscles shake and burn for the next 72 hours. Also known as the Lagree Method, named after its creator, Sebastian Lagree, Although difficult and challenging, Megaformer is worth every effort you exert.
- Live-stream Classes. 2017 is the year for livestream videos. You can now join different workout session via livestreaming. Fitness studios are bringing the in-class energy and power to you in the most convenient way possible.
So you better get ready to sweat and get fit this year. Maintaining a healthy diet plus exercise, whether it’s trendy or not, will always do you good. Let losing weight, burning calories and getting fit be your mantra and let 2017 be the year for you and your health.