For the Phase 3 of your Fast Metabolism Diet, here is an incredible recipe which is perfect for a breakfast option.
Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup birch xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup organic canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut flour, shredded coconut, xylitol, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Whisk in the pumpkin and almond butter until well-combined. Pour over the oat mixture and stir gently with a wooden spoon. Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Working with 2 tablespoons at a time (a small ice cream scoop works great for even-sized cookies), scoop batter onto the lined baking sheet, pressing them down lightly with your fingers.
- Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
To make this a perfect meal for Fast Metabolism Diet Phase 3, make sure to add another 1/2 portion of grain, a fruit, and some extra veggies. ENJOY!
Source: Haylie Pomroy