Fast Metabolism Diet‘s Phase 2 cuts out carbohydrate-rich foods and fruits with a lot of natural sugar needed on Phase 1. Instead, this phase will focus on lean proteins and alkalizing vegetables that can build muscle and stimulate your liver. This will then help increase the food you can consume down the road.
If you are searching for recipes you can eat in this part of the Fast Metabolism Diet, here is a dish perfect for your lunch.
- 1 Pound Lean Beef Sirloin, well trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup Tamari
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Red Onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 16 Small Whole Mushrooms
- Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them for 20 minutes before you grill (you’ll need about 8 skewers).
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium-high heat.
- Thread beef, onions, and mushrooms onto skewers.
- Grill or broil, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes for medium-rare
Cumin Beef Kebabs Nutrition per serving:
- 288 Calories;
- 17g Fat (52.4% calories from fat);
- 25g Protein;
- 10g Carbohydrate;
- 2g Dietary Fiber;
- 72mg Cholesterol;
- 1069mg Sodium.