Following our Fast Metabolism Diet 4th of July Recipes part 1, we give you this part 2 of the recipes series to have more options on what to prepare this weekend! Have a healthy, holiday cooking everyone! Enjoy citizens!
Sweet Potato Salad – Phase 3
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (5 to 6 medium), peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 cup safflower mayonnaise.
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in 4-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine safflower mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, salt, stevia and pepper in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Bacon Jalapeno Deviled Eggs – Phase 3
- 12 large eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 1 cup safflower mayonnaise
- 1½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ¾ tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp stevia
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked, crisp, and crumbled
- Slice the hard boiled eggs in half, lengthwise
- Remove the yolks and put them in a mixing bowl
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork
- Add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, ground mustard, and stevia to the mashed egg yolks and stir until well combined
- Mix in the jalapenos and bacon
- Put the mixture in a ziploc bag and cut a small hole in the corner of the bag
- Fill each egg hole with the mixture
- Sprinkle with paprika
- Chill until ready to serve
Chili Lime Chicken – Phase 3
2 – 2.5 lbs skin on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- Rinse the chicken thighs, remove the bones, leave the skin on, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Get a big bowl, mixing all the ingredients of the Marinade together using a whisk. Make sure the Marinade is well combined together.
- Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of oil on the surface. Add a little bit of the garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno from the Marinade on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Serve immediately
Coconut Curry Noodle Bowl – Phase 3
- 3 chicken broth (411 g each can)
- 2 chicken thigh
- 1/2 pound (230 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cans unsweetened coconut milk (400 ml each can)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 Vita-Spelt Amish Noodles
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Thai basil leaves
- Thai chili peppers, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- Cilantro, chopped
- In a pot, bring the chicken broth to a boil. Add the chicken breast and boil until cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate; shred when cooled.
- Cook the shrimp in the broth, and then transfer to a plate.
- Add the coconut milk, garlic, curry powder to the broth. Mix until the paste is thoroughly incorporated.
- Reduce the heat to low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, boil water and cook the noodle according to the package instructions. Drain and flush with cold water.
- Divide the noodles evenly between 4 bowls. Top with shrimp and chicken.
- Ladle the broth, as much or as little as you’d like, over the top. Garnish with toppings and serve with lime wedges.
Part 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet 4th of July Recipes Here
We especially chose these recipes to fit in to the celebration and most of all to adhere to FMD rules. But you can still enjoy these recipes at all occasions (even when 4th of July is over). Have fun!