An easy and quick fish recipe suitable to any phase, this Spicy tuna Steak Recipe gives a delectable flavor of tuna enhanced with a mixture of spicy and citrus marinade. A great recipe idea to enjoy in your lunch or dinner.
- 5 ounce can solid white tuna, packed in water
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 2 squeezed limes
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cilantro to garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil (Applicable for Phase 3 only)
- Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and salt & pepper. Coat tuna steaks well with it, cover, and place in refrigerator. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. You can heat olive oil if you are in Phase 3.
- Cook tuna steaks about 5-8 minutes on each side, or until desired level of cooking is reached.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- Enjoy eating!