Reminisce your childhood favorite finger foods and dip with this healthy version of Crispy and Cheesy Fish Sticks rich in omega-3s that’s good for your heart. Pair up with delicious safflower mayonnaise dip and a wedge of lemon for a classic touch.
(For Fish Sticks):
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless halibut fillets
- 1/2 cup sprouted breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Amaranth flakes
- 1/4 cup of cashew cheese
- 1 tbsp simply organic spices
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup safflower mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 lemon juice (from squeezed lemons)
- pinch of sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Set oven to 405 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut fish into long pieces so they resemble slender fillets. You can remove the skin of the fish as well. If you have a thinner piece of white fish, it may be harder for it to stay together without the skin.
- Mix breadcrumbs, amaranth flakes, cashew cheese, spice seasoning, and cayenne together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in another bowl.
- Dip fish in the egg mixture, then dip into the breadcrumbs. Place the pieces on a baking sheet or rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the ingredients (for dressing) together for the dipping sauce and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.