Are you getting bored with your standard plain old chicken for your Phase 3 recipe? Then this coconut recipe is for you. A whole 30 approved dish that is dairy free and gluten free. These mouth watering, creamy coconut chicken breasts with a hint of lime makes this dish a favorite of the whole family.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 whole red chili chopped (optional)
- 1 cup organic chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice about 1 large lime
- 1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- To cook the chicken evenly and tenderly, place the chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic cling wrap and pound them.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on each side of the chicken.
- Over medium-high heat on the stove, melt the coconut oil in a large skillet
- Add the chicken breasts and cook each side for about 5 to 7 minutes or until color brown on each side. Remove the chicken from the skillet and let it sit on a plate. The chicken doesn’t need to be fully cooked yet as it will be recooked.
- On the same skillet, add the chopped onion and sauté for a couple of minutes until it softens. Add the chili pepper (optional) and sauté for another minute.
- Add all the lime juice, chicken stock, chili flakes, and cilantro into the same skillet. Let it boil and reduce the heat to simmer for five minutes. Gradually pour the coconut milk and let it simmer for another five minutes. As soon as the sauce thickens, reduce it down to a simmer.
- Put the chicken back to the skillet and then cover. Cook it for about 5 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with rice or cauliflower rice with sauce on top.
- Add sprinkles of cilantro & chilies. Enjoy!