Craving for seafood? Try out our Shrimp and Asparagus recipe with a bit of lemon juice. The citrusy taste of lemon blends well with the shrimp, making this dish flavourful and enjoyable to eat.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dried couscous
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3/4 pound raw large shrimp (about 18), peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- 3/4 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat, and stir in couscous; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; stir in 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Bring another pan of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp in 1 tablespoon each lemon and lime juice, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, garlic, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Marinate for 5 minutes.
- Preheat grill pan or grill. Lightly coat with cooking spray; grill shrimp, turning once, 3 minutes or until just cooked through. Cover and keep warm.
- When water is boiling, add asparagus, and cook 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain, and cover.
- Whisk together honey, chives, and remaining lemon juice and olive oil.
- Arrange couscous and asparagus on serving plates, and top with shrimp. Drizzle with dressing.
Enjoy your meal and get a taste of happiness and good health in a plate.