Having this chicken with parboiled brown rice will surely complete your day! Mixed with Cilantro and Lime, you will sure love this delicious meal of good health. Read on, have a go, and enjoy this Mouthwatering Chicken with Parboiled Brown Rice – Phase 1 recipe.
- 2½ cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb of chicken breast – cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup of dry brown rice (Parboiled)
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½-1 cup of fresh cilantro
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- Prepare a large skillet or pot that is deep enough to hold all the ingredients.
- Cook the chicken broth for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add in the cubed chicken and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the brown rice together with a ½ teaspoon of salt, ¼ cup of the cilantro, ½ of the zested lime and ¼ of the juiced lime.
- Cook on high while stirring occasionally for 15-minutes.
Note: If the rice is already tender and cooked through before reaching the 15-minutes mark. Remove from heat.
- Stir in remaining cilantro, then divide.
Makes: 4 Servings