Craving for some healthy pizza? It’s your lucky day today as we have a pizza that’s oh-oh so right for you! This Cauliflower Pizza Crust is made with almond flour, chia seeds that serve as your healthy fats and creamy cashew cheese as toppings! A perfect on-the-go snack!
Yield: 6 slices.
Cauliflower Pizza Crust Serving size: 2 slices
- 1/2 medium head of cauliflower (4 cups of small florets)
- 2 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, and set aside.
- Whisk together chia seeds and water, then refrigerate at least a 1/2 hour.
- Chop cauliflower into small florets, then steam until fall-apart soft. Drain fully.
- Stir the almond flour with the oregano, garlic, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Once cauliflower cools a little, place it in a clean dish towel or cheesecloth over a sink or bowl, and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. At least 2/3 cup water should come out – You want it as dry as possible.
- Place the squeezed-out cauliflower into a medium bowl and add the chia mixture. Mash and stir well. Then stir in the almond flour mixture. Form into a ball, and place on top of the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Pat into a circle, then use another sheet of parchment on top (and a rolling pin, if desired) to spread the circle to about 1/4 inch thick. (Take off the top sheet of parchment before baking.)
- Bake 25 minutes, or until lightly browned with crispy edges. Remove and add toppings of choice (you can add melted cashew cheese with it). Bake an additional 8 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then slice and enjoy!