A chicken and mushroom soup recipe that is healthy and flavorful. This meal is cranked up with high healthy –fat ingredients that help your body unleash your hormones. A perfect appetizer for those who are in their 3rd Phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet program. With its unique flavor and savory taste, this meal will surely fill you while still maintaining that good body shape.
- 1/2 cup wild black rice, cooked
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, shredded
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1-quart chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, garnish
- Cook the chicken, and let it simmer for 15 minutes until completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken into medium-sized strands and let seat.
- In a large pot, add all 10 ounces of mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add a big pinch of salt for its seasoning and let it cook for about 6-8 minutes over medium-high heat until it starts to get a brown color and releases its moisture.
- After the mushrooms have seared, add the red pepper, onion, and carrot and let it cook until the vegetables are soft.
- To finish the soup, add the garlic and thyme and then stir to blend it well.
- Add the stock, the shredded chicken, and the cooked wild rice.
- Season the whole meal with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!