- 1 tbsp spirulina
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2-3 cups crushed iced
- Juice of 2 lemons
Mix all the ingredients in your blender. Blend until smooth for 10 to 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Mix all the ingredients in your blender. Blend until smooth for 10 to 30 seconds. Serve immediately.
Enjoying a glass of this green miracle of a smoothie is a great way to jump-start your morning. Mixed with honey-dew melon, you will sure love this sweet drink of good health. Read on, have a go, and enjoy this Sweet Melon Kale Elixir – Phase 1 recipe.
Makes: 2 Servings
New year means new recipes. For our dieters, lets welcome 2017 with a bang by trying out our Roasted Chicken and Winter Squash recipe for Phase 1 and 2.
Commit to a healthy lifestyle this year and follow your diet plan. Lets get cooking!
As you probably noticed, we feature heavy whipped cream as ingredients on some of our mouthwatering Fast Metabolism Diet recipes such as Raspberry Frozen Fruit Mousse, Blueberry Cheesecake Waffles, and a whole lot more. Most of you are wondering if FMD allows the use of the heavy whipped cream in recipes since it’s mostly made with milk.
To help you ease your anxiety, the fast metabolism is here to tell you that yes, you can use heavy whipped cream on this diet . After all, we’re not using those conventional, commercial whipped cream full of chemically-induced ingredients! We’ll create an FMD compliant, healthier version of whipped cream made with natural goodness!
1. Mixed the egg whites and non-dairy milk until there are no more lumps in your mixture.
2. Spread and apply the heavy whipped cream to your favorite fast metabolism diet recipes!
3. Lastly, serve and enjoy eating!
We’ve long reiterated the importance of sleep and the crucial role it plays in the success of your fast metabolism diet lifestyle. Sleep repairs our body and improves our health, however the challenge lies in maintaining a consistent sleeping schedule.
If you have trouble sleeping early, it’s time we call a friend, and what greater friend to depend on times like this than FOOD! As I told you, food is not your enemy here. If you make peace with food, it can help you heal and restore your body to its optimal condition.
Fishes such as salmon, tuna, and halibut are rich in vitamin B6. This nutrient is essential in the production of melatonin, a sleep-inducing hormone that is triggered by darkness. You can try out fish recipes to munch on for dinner.This well help you sleep better.
2. Leafy Green Veggies
Remember when we’re used to drinking dairy milk to entice us to sleep? That is because milk is rich in calcium. If you are calcium-deficient, it is more difficult for you to fall asleep. And since we cannot consume dairy milk, we go for other healthier alternatives!
One of them is consuming leafy green veggies such as kale, collards, and cruciferous veggies. You can also read our complete list of alternative sources for calcium below:
Top 5 Best Food Sources of Calcium in The Fast Metabolism Diet
3. Walnuts and Almonds (Phase 3)
Walnuts, on one hand, are rich in tryptophan, a sleep-enhancing amino acid that also contributes to the production of serotonin and melatonin. If combined, they enhance and repair your body clock cycle.
Almonds, on the other hand, are rich in magnesium, a mineral needed to improve quality of sleep and is a remedy for headaches.
4. Chickpeas and Hummus (Phase 3)
Both are a good source of tryptophan and melatonin. You can take it as your snacks for Phase 3 and have a delightful, afternoon nap.
5. Cereals (Phase 1 and 3)
Cereals are rich in carbohydrates and when paired with non-dairy milk (such as almonds), it gives you the perfect meal or snack before going on a sleep. What’s more, it is a light meal, so your tummy won’t have a hard time digesting it, it won’t interrupt your body clock cycle.
If you’re up for some quick, delicious, and easy to prepare dessert, then this Raspberry Frozen Fruit Mousse Recipe is just the right recipe for you! The light, creamy, and fluffy texture of this recipe will delight even your pickiest guest.
What’s more, it’s incredibly easy to make! You can complete this recipe in just 5 minutes, so there’s no reason you can’t make this one! This fruit mousse is a perfect on-the-go snack as you spend the last remaining days of Summer.
Are you a summer bum, eagerly anticipating the summer season of the year and enjoying it to the fullest? I bet most of our fast metabolism dieters here are pretty excited to go out, bask in glory under the sun, and be caressed by the breeze. Summer is indeed a great time to do exciting outdoor activities like holding a grill party.
And because we know you’ve all been dying for some yummy, grilled recipes again this season, we’re featuring our hot and sizzling but healthy FMDC Recipes.
For the Grilled Peach Salsa
1. Rinse the pork chops, pat dry and place in a freezer bag.
2. Bring the apple cider, water, ½ cup stevia and ⅓ cup sea salt to a boil in a small saucepan. Stir until stevia and salt dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and add a few ice cubes to cool the brine. Allow cooling completely then add to the freezer bags with the pork chops along with the rosemary sprigs, and garlic cloves. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours up to overnight.
4. Remove the pork chops from the brine and discard the brine. Pat the pork dry with a paper towel and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Preheat one side of the grill to high and one side to low heat. Grill for about 5 minutes or until nice grill marks develop and then turn to the other side and grill for another 5 minutes.
6. Turn the pork chops over and move them to the low-heat part of the grill. Cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the pork chop reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees in the thickest part of the meat.
7. Transfer to a platter and cover with aluminum foil for about 5 minutes or until temperature reaches 160 degrees.
8. While pork chops are cooking on the low-temperature side of the grill, sprinkle the peach halves on the fleshy side of the fruit with 2 teaspoons of the stevia.
9. Grill the peaches flesh side down on the high-temperature side of the grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into slices.
10. Mix the red onions with the remaining balsamic vinegar, homemade barbecue, 1 teaspoon stevia and a pinch of sea salt. Add the sliced peaches to the red onions and gently mix.
11. Top the pork chops with the peaches and onion mix and garnish with torn basil leaves.
Serving : 4
1. Preheat a gas grill to high heat. In a medium bowl add mustard, vinegar and grated garlic and whisk to combine then add mayonnaise. Whisk until thoroughly incorporated and thickened.
2. While whisking at moderate speed, slowly add droplets of olive oil until it begins to slightly thicken then continue adding it in a slow steady stream, remember to keep whisking the entire time until all of the olive oil is used.
3. Add anchovy filets and lemon juice and whisk until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Slice each romaine head in half and brush both sides with avocado oil or oil of choice and place on hot grill grates for 2-4 minutes each side or until they have nice deep dark grill marks.
5. Pour the almonds in a small skillet over medium heat and toast shaking every so often to prevent burning until they begin to become fragrant and start to turn brown.
6. Pour them onto a cutting board and coarsely chop them. Serve 1 half of a romaine head per person with dressing and toasted almonds.
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Marinade it in tomato paste, olive oil, garlic cloves, and chopped parsley. Add chicken and toss to fully coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Skewer chicken and bread. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Grill, turning occasionally until chicken is cooked through and bread slightly charred, about 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley.
These delicious and healthy sprouted grain bread covered with creamy brown rice cheese and topped with your favorite strawberry fruit makes up a light but fulfilling breakfast this Mother’s Day!
Number of servings (yield):4
You will love its mild sweetness and exotic flavor of chicken as you pair it with juicy pineapple bits, bell pepper, and red onion.
There is nothing more fulfilling than to see yourself and your family embarked together on a journey towards a healthier lifestyle. What better way to begin this journey than to encourage our loved ones to start eating healthy food?
But encouraging our kids to eat healthy food can be challenging since they prefer to eat junk foods. How then do we inspire and encourage them to eat healthy foods?
And what’s more? They are incredibly quick and easy to make! You won’t need to worry about finding the time to prepare these dishes.
1. Zucchini Pizza Bites – Phase 1/3
If your kids are craving for pizza, zucchini pizza bite is a perfect and healthier alternative. These “bite-size” pizzas are designed to make eating fun and will surely keep your kids coming back for more! This is also an awesome dish to prepare as an appetizer during parties. Here’s a quick look on how to prepare the dish:
2. Watermelon Cake – Phase 1
Who says cakes can only be made from fine flour, sugar, butter, and other unhealthy ingredients? Perish the thought! Eating cakes can be healthy whenever you want it to be! Try this watermelon cake which only consists of healthy fruits and delectable whipped cream!
Preparing the Whipped Cream:
3. Spiced Oven-Fried Sweet Potatoes – Phase 3
Choosing a healthy lifestyle absolutely does not mean we are forbidden to indulge ourselves with our favorite food.It simply means, we need to prepare a healthier option for it.
So for the fries-lovers out there, this Spiced Oven-Fried Potatoes recipe is the perfect deal!
4. Non-Dairy Cheese Popovers – Phase 3
These cheesy, fluffy little bites of Non-Dairy Cheese Popovers make a savory party appetizer or snack that is totally mouth-watering and super healthy too! Get the recipe here.
With these incredibly easy and delectable recipes, you’ll be ensuring that your kids are eating healthy and the grandest part is, they won’t be complaining about it.
1 2 3 4 Next