Collard Green is one of the cheapest on the top list of the healthiest green and leafy vegetables known to many. Add to its known goodness is its antioxidant properties good for releasing toxins out of our bodies. Collard greens combined with Kale, another nutritious and health-boosting vegetable, should be tried by those in Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program. It’s an all green powerhouse vegetable meal.
- 1 smoked turkey wing, rinsed, or 1 fresh turkey drumstick or neck
- 1 tbsp. coarse salt
- ¼ xylitol
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 bunches collard greens (about 2 1/2 lb), stems discarded, leaves cut into strips
- 1 bunch kale, stems discarded, leaves cut into strips
- In a large cooking pot, pour in 3 cups of water and combined with turkey wing, salt, xylitol, and red pepper flakes. Cover then heat until it boils. Minimize heat and simmer until turkey becomes tender when pricked with a fork for about 40 minutes.
- Add in the collards and kale gradually. Push the leaves down and let them the first batch wilt before adding more.
- Cover the pot and cook in low heat while occasionally stirring for about 45 minutes until it becomes very tender.
- Serve to your desired plate arrangement and enjoy!