If you’re up for a light but satisfying and fulfilling meal this summer, then this Buckwheat Porridge with Rhubarb is suitably right for you! The sweet and delectable rhubarb, roasted until it reaches a smooth and luscious texture, is then served together with buckwheat porridge and finally topped with blueberries to achieve that healthy and satisfying meal to kick-start your day!
Serving Size: 2
- 200g (7 oz) rhubarb, chopped into bite size pieces
- 200g (7 oz) buckwheat
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbs stevia/xylitol or to taste
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup of blueberries (or fruit of your choice)
- pinch of stevia/xylitol, to taste.
1. Preheat the oven to 180 celsius (350 Fahrenheit) and place the rhubarb on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
2. Add the rhubarb and drizzle with stevia/xylitol over the top and toss to combine. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender and the rhubarb has released some of its ruby juices.
3. While the rhubarb is roasting (or even better, the night before) soak your buckwheat. Soak them in warm water with a splash of apple cider vinegar until they are soft enough that you can squish them with your fingers.
4. Drain and pop in a blender with cinnamon, stevia, and almond milk. Pulse until you get to a consistency you like.
5. If you’d like to serve your porridge warm you can either microwave it or place it in a small saucepan and heat gently until warm.
6.To serve divide between 2 bowls and topped with rhubarb, some of the rhubarb juice, blueberry, and stevia.
NOTE: You can add pinch of lemon juice to achieve blend consistency.