For those who miss grill parties, this is the perfect time to indulge yourselves with these Boneless Chicken Kebabs!
You will love its mild sweetness and exotic flavor of chicken as you pair it with juicy pineapple bits, bell pepper, and red onion.
- 1/3 cup homemade barbecue sauce
- 1/3 cup stevia/xylitol
- 1/3 cup Bragg liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (4 tsp)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1 1/4-inch cubes
- 3 cups (heaping) fresh cubed pineapple (about 3/4 of 3 lb pineapple)
- 1 1/2 large green peppers, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 large red onion, diced into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the barbecue sauce, stevia/xylitol, Bragg liquid Aminos, pineapple juice, apple cider vinegar, garlic and ginger. Stir in 3/4 tsp pepper and season with salt if desired.
- Place chicken in a gallon size resealable bag. Reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade in the refrigerator then pour remaining marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate 3 hours (meanwhile soak 10 wooden skewer sticks in water for 1 hour).
- Preheat a grill over medium heat to 400 degrees. Meanwhile, drizzle the red onion, bell pepper and pineapple and toss. Season red onion and bell pepper with salt and pepper, then thread red onion, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken onto skewers until all of the chicken has been used.
- Grill 5 minutes then brush along tops with 1/4 cup of remaining marinade. Rotate to opposite side and brush remaining 1/4 cup of marinade on opposite side and allow to grill about 4 minutes longer, or until chicken registers 165 degrees in center on an instant read thermometer. Serve warm.