These Blueberry Cheesecake Waffles are bursting with blueberries in every bite, served with a creamy cheesecake toppings and fresh homemade Blueberry Sauce! A mouthwatering recipe you can indulge in Phase 3 this summer!
Serving Size: 2 Waffles plus toppings.
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cup of almond milk
- ⅓ olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced (about ¼ cup fresh lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons stevia/xylitol
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1½ cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- 2 cups frozen (or fresh) blueberries
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup stevia
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or orange juice)
- 1½ tablespoon of arrowroot powder (as thickener)
Instructions in Creating Blueberry Cheesecake Waffles:
On Preparing Blueberry Sauce:
- Combine the blueberries, water, stevia/xylitol, lemon juice and water in a small-sized saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil; lower heat and gently simmer.
- Combine the arrowroot powder with the extra water until dissolved and stir it into the blueberries. Continue to simmer while stirring occasionally, until the sauce begins to thicken and coats the back of a metal spoon.
On Preparing Cheesecake Toppings:
- Beat cheesecake ingredients until well combined, smooth and lump free
On Preparing Waffles:
- Preheat waffle maker (or iron) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the almond milk, olive oil, lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut flour, salt, baking powder and stevia/xylitol. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture. Beat until blended; fold in blueberries.
- Pour the batter into preheated waffle iron. Cook the waffles until golden and crisp. Top with cheesecake topping and blueberry sauce. Serve immediately. Enjoy eating!