Are you looking for a mushroom recipe yet don’t want to settle for boring meals? Chicken Breast with Balsamic Mushrooms is a quick dinner yet tastefully exciting enough to serve in every meal of the day. It oozes with balsamic vinegar, mushroom, and thyme flavors which make a great and delicious weeknight dinner and Phase 3 diet meal alongside with vegetables and salad.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 clove of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sea salt, to taste
- 1 freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup of chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon of dried thyme
- Rub the chicken with salt and pepper.
- On a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute the chicken for about 3 minutes or until it is browned enough on one side and turn it over to show the other side. Add garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes all the while shaking the skillet and sauteing the mushrooms.
- Add chicken broth, thyme, bay leaf, and balsamic vinegar. Cover the skillet then decrease the heat to medium-low. For about 10 minutes, simmer the mixture while turning it occasionally.
- Place the foil-covered chicken while covered chicken on a warm and clean serving platter. Let it sit for a while.
- Uncover the mushroom sauce and simmer it for about 7 minutes while increasing the heat to medium-high and discarding bay leaf. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.