Baked Turkey Onion Meatballs is a healthy, delicious and easy to cook for a nutritious dinner on your table in less that 30 minutes. Great as main Phase 3 dish or appetizer.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/3 cup of almond milk
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup of grilled onions
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 large egg (whole)
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Place a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, soak oats in milk until it softened for about 2 minutes. Then squeeze oats to remove any excess liquid; discard milk.
- Beat egg lightly in a large mixing bowl. Add turkey, oats, onions, and seasonings. Best to use gloved hands or a mixing spatula to incorporate all ingredients together. Space evenly on prepared baking sheet.
- Stir tomato paste and olive oil together and brush over meatballs. Prepare pan into oven and bake until meatballs are just cooked through and a food thermometer inserted into the center reads 163 degrees F., approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serving suggestion: Serve meatballs over rice or pasta with your favorite sauce, or alone, along with a garden salad.