Celebrate good health on St. Patricks! Dig in to this healthy, nutritious, green breakfast recipe called Baked Eggs Packed with Herbs and Cashew Cheese. Eggs served to be the perfect meal for breakfast while the herbs and cashew cheese enhance its rich flavor, making your breakfast simple yet extra special!
- 1-3 tbsp. roughly chopped herbs – parsley, oregano, chives
- 1 tbsp. shaved Cashew Cheese
- Handful of arugula
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Equipment: oven-proof dish and/or cast iron skillet & baking sheet
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. When oven is warm, place cast iron skillet on baking sheet. Drizzle oil into cast iron skillet and place into warm oven for at least ten minutes before prepping the rest.
3. Break eggs into a bowl, making sure to leave yolks in tact.
4. Carefully take warmed pan out of oven. Place oil into cast iron skillet and then pour in eggs. The heated skillet will immediately start cooking the eggs.
5. Quickly top eggs with herbs and cashew cheese. Place skillet back into the oven and bake for 5-8 minutes, be careful not to overcook!
6. Top with fresh arugula and rustic fresh bread. Serve immediately.