Avocados add a silky consistency and cheese-like richness to this Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodles recipe. Toss this with pasta, or use it as a healthy mayo substitute for your sandwiches this Phase 3.
Serving: 1 1/2 cup.
Creamy Avocado Zucchini Noodles Ingredients:
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (from squeezed lemon)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped. Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto. Season with cracked pepper and a little Cashew cheese for toppings. Enjoy eating!