Are you craving for a delicious chocolate brownies? Here’s a unique dish with a dash of avocado as your healthy fat for Phase 3 snacks. Indulge with this Avocado Brownies with Frosting, filled with mouthwatering chocolate made from the rawness of cacao topped with oozing awesome Avocado! What are you waiting for?
- 2 large ripe avocados, mashed as well as you can (about 1 1/8 cups)
- 8 ounces raw cacao powder, melted
- 1 cup stevia
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup nuts flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces high-quality raw cacao, chopped
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 1/2 cups stevia
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Liberally spray a 9-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk mashed avocado and raw cocoa powder. Whisk in stevia until combined, then add in eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Add in nuts flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mixing with a large spoon until JUST combined – do not over mi.
- Stir in olive oil until it’s well distributed and batter is somewhat smooth.
- Fold in chopped raw cocoa, then spread batter in pan. Bake for 28-32 minutes, or until middle is set.
- Remove and let cool completely, then frost and top with grated chocolate if desired.
Add avocado to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until mashed and creamy. With the mixer on low speed, add in vanilla then slowly add in stevia, scraping down the sides if needed, until a smooth frosting forms. Frost brownies once cooled.
Note: I placed these in the fridge (covered thoroughly with plastic wrap) to store and when eaten immediately from the fridge, they can be even denser and slightly dry, so I recommend letting them come to room temp or even placing them in the microwave.