Looking for a warm and delicious dish for the Phase 1 of your Fast Metabolism Diet?
Well, here is a simple Turkey, White Bean, & Kale Soup recipe from Haylie Pomroy, that will boost your diet and mood.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 3 cups diced red onions
- 2 cups diced celery (including green tops)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 6 cups peeled and cubed kabocha or butternut squash
- 6 cups roughly chopped kale (ribs removed)
- 15-ounce can baby butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 15-ounce can adzuki or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a very large nonstick soup pot, sauté the turkey, onions, celery, garlic, and ginger in 2 tablespoons of water until soft.
- Add the broth, squash, kale, beans, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve and enjoy your Turkey, White Bean, & Kale Soup with friends or family.
Source: Haylie Pomroy