You already know that a healthy diet and regular exercise will boost your metabolism and improve weight loss. But, here are uncommon yet amazing ways which can greatly help too.
1. Turn your electronic screen’s brightness down and turn off lights before going to bed. Artificial lights interrupt the production of melatonin- the sleep hormone, which then causes insomnia and prevents the body from resting. This lowers your metabolic rate and hinders proper body functions.
2. Get used to the cold. Lower the temperature in your room to about 20 degrees Celsius or leave the windows open. Studies show that cold temperatures stimulate “good” fat production that helps your body try to warm up, and burn “bad” fats.
3. Consume extra virgin olive oil. The fats in olive oil are not only healthy, they also help you feel less hungry.
4. Don’t torture yourself with exercise. Avoid strenuous routines that last for hours. Fitness scientists have discovered that people who do short but intensive workouts burn 200 calories more.
5. Add mustard to your food. Eating at least 1 teaspoon of mustard a day boosts your metabolism for up to 25% several hours after consumption.
6. Try matcha tea. Japanese matcha tea is best for people who want to improve their metabolism and health. This tea helps improve metabolic rate and contains a high concentration of antioxidants.
7. Try aromatherapy sessions. This helps quicken your metabolism, reduce your appetite, lighten your mood, and improve your digestion. Recommended oils are mint, grapefruit, bergamot, cinnamon, lemon, and ginger.
8. Smile and laugh more. Smiling and laughing not only improves your mood, but it can also help burn more calories. Laughing for as much as 10 minutes per day can burn fat and improve health. Studies also show that a genuine laughter causes 10-20% increase in energy expenditure (burned calories).
Source: Natural Cures