It is no doubt that your number 1 enemy while going through the fast metabolism diet, is the temptation! Food temptations can strike anywhere. As soon as you see some delicious cheese, sodas, pizzas, fruit juices, fake sweeteners stocked in your fridge or mouthwatering foods and alcohol served at parties and events, it is really a challenging undertaking to keep off your hands from picking the served foods. This is because of the habit we’re used to from our previous lifestyle. As they say, habits are hard to break because of the strong cravings occurring in our head as soon as we see the ‘object’.
There are only two things you can do with cravings, either overcome them or cheat on your diet and indulge to unhealthy foods. Now we certainly can’t have you chose the latter option! As a fast metabolism dieter, we will not allow temptations to win and ruin our metabolism. The community gave some tips for you to handle parties, events and holidays, as well as keeping you motivated to continue the program.
But how do we avoid even the simplest temptation while we’re on the diet? How do we get focused and avoid getting distracted? How do we prevent cheating from the diet? Here are the tips to resist unhealthy temptations and help you stick into the fast metabolism diet program.
1. Surround yourself with the fast metabolism diet community – your co-fast metabolism dieters are the ones who understand you well. They know and understand what you are going through, what you’re feeling. Staying, mingling and conversing with them will help you remind of the goals you’re trying to accomplish. They can also help in reminding you to keep from cheating. It will also give you some inspiration as you see the success the fast metabolism diet brought to you and your co-dieters.
2. Have a Grocery List – What are the allowed foods you love to eat in every phase? What are the foods of your least preference? You can have your grocery list to plan your meal map in advance. Having a grocery list will help you to keep on track on the foods you’re buying and eliminate on buying the unnecessary and unhealthy ones. You’ll be assured you’re only eating the right and real foods as you go on every phase.
3. Identify Food substitutions to replace the foods you eliminate – Do you love eating breads, grains and pasta? Craving for some sugar and sweetness to your smoothies? Fret not! The Fast Metabolism Diet has the complete list of the foods you’re allowed to eat. You can substitute those foods with a healthier food on the list! Example for this is, if you love to eat bread, you can have the sprouted wheat bread, or you can substitute stevia or xylitol for honey and sugar. You can view the complete food substitution list here.
4. Get 8 hours of sleep every night – As what they’ve said, sleeping early brings many miracles to your body. It improves your health, decreases your risks of chronic diseases, having a positive mood to face the day, and contributes in your weight control. Having enough sleep will help you in staying away from caffeine and sugar cravings.
5. Just enjoy and love what you’re doing – Last but not the least, you need to stay positive, enjoy and love what you’re doing. Remember that you’re doing this diet because you love your body. You want to give what’s the best for your body.