Are you looking for a Mexican style recipe to start your fast metabolism diet week? This Mexican Black Beans Phase 1 recipe will surely make you think that you’re at a high-class Mexican restaurant! Get the ingredients ready, and prepare to be amazed! Let’s get cooking!
- 1 lb of black beans
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chili powder
- 2 cups of fresh tomatoes(chopped) or 14.5-ounce of tomatoes(diced)
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 6 cloves of smashed and chopped garlic
1. Soak the black beans overnight.
Tip: If you are in a hurry and don’t have the time to soak the beans throughout the night, you may use the method below.
- Put the black beans in a large pot covered with water.
- Boil it for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the stove and cover the pot.
- Let the beans cool down for approximately 1 hour.
2. Drain out the water.
3. Put the black beans into a 6-quart slow cooker.
4. Add the smashed and chopped garlic together with tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of chili powder and 1 tablespoon of cumin.
5.Stir it well to completely mix all the ingredients.
6.Add in 6 cups of chicken broth.
7. Cover the slow cooker and let it cook on low heat for about 8 hours.
Note: The duration depends on the altitude of your area. If you’re in a high altitude area, it may take longer than 8 hours for the beans to be cooked.
8. Ready to serve.
Makes about 8-10 servings.