One of the golden rules in fast metabolism diet is to drink a lot of glasses of water. It is an essential part of our existence and survival. It replenishes our body with the necessary nutrients and promote healthy circulation while flushing off the toxins.
However, we also acknowledge the fact that drinking lots of water may be a challenge for some of our dieters, especially those who are used to drinking hot beverages like coffee and tea. They may get bored with its bland taste and plain texture. How do we ensure to meet our daily intake?
The key to that is variation! Just like how we vary our foods when we hit a weight plateau, it’s also advisable to vary and flavor your water so that meeting your daily requirement will be an exciting agenda.
Here are some of the coolest and healthiest water variation you can drink while you’re in fast metabolism diet! These are extremely popular ways to bring your water to the next level:
1. Strawberry Basil Water (Phase 1)
Indulge with drinking soothing fruits in Phase 1 with Strawberry Basil water. This water is packed with strawberries to calm your adrenaline while the basil will give a richer and refreshing flavor.
- 4-6 strawberries hulled and quartered
- ½ lemon, sliced
- Small handful of basil, scrunched
- Ice and cold filtered water
- Fill your juice pitcher to the top with ice and fruit.
- Slightly scrunch up the basil so it releases its flavor. Cover with cold filtered water.
- This water is best if you let the water infuse at least 1 hour and serve.
2. Chia Fruit Water (Phase 3)
Chia seeds are commonly used in making smoothies, but did you know that you can also add this healthy fat to your healthy drinking water? Pair it with your choice of fruit (as long as it’s allowed in Phase 3) and you now have a refreshing and fulfilling water to take for the rest of the day!
- a large bottle or jar
- cold water
- fruit of your choice (in compliance with Phase 3)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (for Phase 3)
- Add all the ingredients to the bottle or jar and shake well.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes and shake again.
- Drink within a couple of hours.
3. Strawberry-Cucumber Mint Water (Phase 1)
The lime, mint, and cucumber gives off a bright flavor while the mild sweetness of strawberry complimented its richer taste. This is perfect to nourish our body with cool, invigorating beverage.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- 2 limes, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- Ice cubes
In a half-gallon jar, or a 2 quart pitcher, layer the strawberries, cucumbers, lime slices, and mint leaves with the ice cubes. Fill jar or pitcher with water. Let chill for 10 minutes, and then enjoy!
Hope you gained insight thru this post on how to be creative with your water, and hope this will give you more reason to enjoy your water!