Try cooking this simple yet delicious Singapore Noddles recipe for this week’s Phase 1 of your Fast Metabolism Diet!
- 4 ounces uncooked brown rice vermicelli
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or more, if needed)
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup snow peas or sugar snap peas
- Chopped green onions, to serve
For the sauce:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- 1/2 teaspoon sambal oelek (Asian red chili paste), or to taste
- Cook the brown rice vermicelli according to package directions and drain. Slice the chicken and vegetables. Mix the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken to a plate.
- Add the peppers, shallots, bean sprouts, curry powder, and 2 tablespoons broth to the skillet (add more if needed to prevent sticking); stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. The vegetables should be bright and tender-crisp.
- Stir the sauce into the skillet, along with the chicken (and any accumulated juices) and vermicelli. Simmer just until the sauce thickens. Sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve and ENJOY this amazing Phase 1 Recipe!
Source: HAYLIE POMROY