Designed after a classic and elegant look, Layered Ratatouille with Tomato Sauce will bring delight to your dinner table. Have a dazzling and sophisticated dish with colorful layers of vegetables and tasty tomato sauce that complements just about any meal. This vegetable casserole is perfect to those who want to start a meatless day and is one of the best recipes for Phase 3.
- 1 cup of Chunky Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 of diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 small Eggplant
- 1 Zucchini
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 Yellow Squash
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a baking pan and pour the tomato sauce into its base.
- On top of the tomato sauce, add a small amount of minced garlic, diced onion, and olive oil and mix together.
- Slice the zucchini, eggplant, and yellow squash into thin pieces and place them on top of the tomato mixture in alternating patterns beginning on the edge of the pan. Put the eggplant first, then the zucchini, and lastly, the yellow squash. Repeat process until the pan is entirely covered.
- Sprinkle oil on top of the vegetable mixture and gently add salt and pepper until thoroughly mixed.
- Drizzle fresh thyme on top of mixture.
- Using parchment paper, cover the vegetable mixture and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes or until vegetables become tender and the center is bubbling. Don’t overcook vegetables and do not let them turn brown.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes and serve.