A unique way to prepare your pork is to match it with apples. This Pork Tenderloin with Juicy Apples is a perfect starter!
The apples and pork blend well together in a meal– you won’t even need to put gravy for your pork (even for a pork roast). You can add stevia to have more sweetness and you will have a healthier version of a caramelized pork chop!
- 1/4 – 1/2 pork tenderloin
- 3 apples, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a lightly greased skillet over medium heat, cook the pork tenderloin for 8 – 10 minutes on each side, or until browned
- Remove the pork tenderloin and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, combine the apples, onions and water.
- Return the pork tenderloin to the pan and place on top of the onion mixture.
- Drizzle the apple cider vinegar over the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer, covered, for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Pork tenderloin are done when the internal temperature is 145 degrees F.
- Allow the pork to rest for 3 minutes, then serve hot.